Monday 2 July 2012

Lino Cutting

This was my first attempt at lino cut printing. The project brief was to create a collection of stamps based on one of six themes given. I decided to base my collection of stamps on the theme of History as I wanted to look at late musicians who have made an impact in the music industry. My six chosen musicians were Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse. I experimented with different types of media such as lino printing, photography and solar printing. The first image of Elvis is a basic cut out stencil revealing his face with a slightly Art Deco pattern background. The second shows the same lino plate being used but with green on top of the first pink print to create a fuzzy effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment