Sunday 1 July 2012












                                                                                                                                     During the month of April I entered an Art competition called 'Who Are You?' which was open to 16-18 year olds. The brief was to produce a 2D landscape image answering the question 'Who Are You?' using any materials processes and techniques to portray your creative abilities. I entered the image above which I created by gathering a series of photographs that include myself with people who have had an influence on my life and therefore made me who I am. In order to put the images together I used Photoshop and the bare back of my models body as a canvas to indicate the imprint they have made on me. After that I printed out the image on photographic paper and scratched out sections revealing the caption 'I AM WHAT U MADE ME'.
          In total 10 winners had to be chosen and luckily I was one of them. I was extremely happy to have gotten the opportunity to display my work on five billboards around the country as the prize. All the ten winners are shown in this folder if you are interested in checking them out! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.332735993460611.77267.133779400022939&type=3

Here is me standing next to one of my billboards displaying my winning image








No comments:

Post a Comment